Beta testers of the new PostgreSQL database reported 2x the speed increase on their busy farms.
What's New in Qube! 7
- New back end database - Qube! has been migrated from MySQL to Postgres.
- Qube! Supervisors are free to download and license.
- Performance improvements through db schema changes and job update frequency.
- New Metered Licensing email alerts about usage and spending.
- Support in OS X 10.13 High Sierra.
- Support for Maya 2018 and 3DS Max 2018.
- Support for After Effects CC 2018.
- Support for Nuke Frame Server and NukeStudio.
- Support for Unreal Sequencer job submission.
- Support for Keyshot job submission.
- Beta version of the rewritten Qube! UI available upon request.
Online Documentation at:
Download the Qube Installer at:
Changing from MySQL to Postgres Database
Users have two options for the switch to PostgreSQL:
- Start a new database
- Convert the old MySQL database
A frequently asked question is, what is my downtime?
- If you go the new database route - your downtime is a matter of minutes, but the job count would restart at 1.
- If you go the conversion route - your downtime is the length of time proportional to the number of jobs. We have seen the tools convert 10,000 job records in 30-60 minutes, but actual time can vary with job complexity and the speed of the supervisor hardware
We are always interested in hearing your feedback as well as any feature requests. If you need help or have requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org