Qube! Perpetual Licensing FAQ
1. Who is PipelineFX?
PipelineFX is the creator of Qube! software with a support team and development staff of render experts having multiple years of industry experience. PipelineFX helps organizations of all sizes to better manage rendering for digital media applications and programs. The world's leading organizations in film, visual effects, post production, broadcast, design and education industries have been using Qube! to manage their render pipeline and make critical business decisions, faster and smarter than the competition.
2. What is Qube!?
Qube! is the world's leading render farm management software for digital media pipelines. Qube! software provides a complete render farm management system including the database, submission interfaces, artist and wrangler GUI’s, monitoring, management and productivity applications.
Only one Qube! license is needed per node/host that you want rendering and allows multiple jobs (or “instances” or “slaves”) to run per node. A node/host is a computer, a server, a cloud node, or a desktop running OSX, Linux or Windows.
Qube! allows you to maximize the utilization of your machines for rendering and supports over 40 content creation applications. Most post production, film and vfx studios, and even most schools mix applications like Maya, Vray, Nuke, Arnold and PRMan, After Effects, Cinema 4D, Houdini, etc.
3. What are the benefits of Qube!?
Qube! provides the following "feature" benefits to your rendering workflow:
- FAST: Push more renders through in less time. Qube! retries failed frames and auto-wrangles jobs to improve render success.
- 3rd PARTY INTEGRATIONS: Qube! is integrated with more than 40 leading content creation applications out of the box.
- SMART: System Metrics provide instant insight into render pipeline project status and performance. This ability to measure utilization every minute and bill at a similar time interval is the level of precision that ensures PipelineFX customers get a great return on their investment. As well as a hand up in bidding on projects and billing customers.
- SCALABLE: Proven on 2,000+ render nodes in heavy production, Qube! will scale with your business.
- OPEN SYSTEM: Qube! has mature and production proven Python and C++ API's that make it easy to integrate into a customer pipelines.
*Case Study on how exactly Qube! Save You Time and Money.
Qube! provides the following "price" benefits with the greatest flexibility in licensing:
- Perpetual Licensing
- Annual Subscription Licensing
- Quarterly Subscription Licensing
- Online Rentals by the Day / Week
- Per-Minute Metered Licensing
License types can be mixed.
Most customers buy Perpetual licenses for machines they own, Subscription licenses for leased machines or short-term projects and Metered licenses for their desktops at night, cloud nodes or emergencies.
3. What is the price?
Qube! is sold per node/host. Only one Qube! license is needed per node/host that you want rendering and allows multiple jobs (or “instances” or “slaves”) to run per node. A node/host is a computer, a server, a cloud node, or a desktop running OSX, Linux or Windows.
- A perpetual license is U.S. $300 per node.
- Maintenance and Support is U.S. $60 per node and the first year of Maintenance and Support is required with each purchase.
4.Can I add Subscription licenses if I am NOT a Qube! customer?
5.Can I add Subscription licenses if I AM already a Qube! customer?
Yes and you have payment options for Subscription licensing as well.
- Online Rentals by the Day / Week with a credit card
- Quarterly Subscriptions
- Annual Subscriptions
6. Do you have Per-Minute licensing?
Yes. We offer Metered Licensing which is per-minute billing at the rate of $0.10 / hour. You are invoiced monthly and only charged for what you use, down to the minute.
7. Can you help me get up and running quickly with Qube!?
Yes. You can purchase on of our consulting services called the JumpStart.
- Qube! JumpStart is a 4 hours consulting service
- Qube! JumpStart Plus is an 8-hour consulting service
The Qube! JumpStart is a remote session with our engineers to get the software downloaded, installed and configured enough to validate each of your rendering applications.
The 8-Hour JumpStart service is primarily for more complex installations and configurations.
8. Do you offer Training Courses?
Yes. You can purchase on of our Training courses, available online and on-site.
9. Where can I learn more about Qube!?
Licensing options available from PipelineFX: